There will be major closures and restrictions on highways 427, 401, QEW and the connecting arterial roads. Avoid going anywhere near Pearson International Airport on June 24 and June 27.
Here are some details on these road closures:
Thursday June 24
- Lane reductions on Highway 401 eastbound collectors to Highway 427 southbound at Renforth Avenue: expect significant delays.
- Highway 427 southbound collector lanes: expect periodic full closures and significant delays.
- Highway 427 southbound express ramp to the eastbound Gardiner Expressway: expect periodic full closures and significant delays. At Highway 427, all eastbound traffic will be re-routed to Highway 427 northbound. The eastbound York, Bay, Yonge Streets exit will be closed.
- Highway 401 eastbound ramp to Renforth Avenue and the on-ramps from Renforth Avenue to Highway 427 southbound will also experience periodic closures.
- Highway 27 southbound will be periodically closed at the 401 overpass during periods when Highway 427 southbound collector lanes are closed.
Sunday June 27
- Gardiner Expressway westbound: periodic full closure and significant delays which may also affect the Don Valley Parkway southbound
- The westbound York Street exit will be closed.
- Highway 427 northbound collector lanes from Browns Line to Highway 401 will be closed from early morning Sunday until late evening: expect significant delays. During this period there will be no access to the Highway 427 northbound collector lanes from any ramps.
- Eglinton Avenue West will be closed between Highway 427 and Renforth Ave.
- Lakeshore Boulevard will not be closed. However, there will be lane restrictions between Bay Street and Bremner Boulevard.
- Other roadways within the area of King Street, Yonge Street, Queens Quay and Spadina Avenue will experience closures or restrictions.